Thursday, April 5, 2012

Color Inspiration #169



Happy April everyone! It's the first Thursday of the month, and that means I get to share another Color Inspiration Challenge with you!


This month I was inspired by an Easter card that my mom made for the grandsons. It's so adorable!!! I'll ask her I can share it with everyone on my blog after Easter is over.

This month's colors are: Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron and Calypso Coral.



This month I thought I would make a cute 3D project using the new Purse Bigz die from the Summer Smooches suite. I kept mine pretty simple as I wanted the colors to be the star of the project. But, as I've been blog hopping I've seen purses that have been made with dsp, embossed cardstock, faux alligator and so much more!!!! I love, love, love this die!!!

My base purse is made with Island Indigo cardstock. Two pieces of Sticky Strip is all that's needed to construct this baby!

I also just picked up the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch. I just change the switch on this punch to punch out different portions of the flower. When you layer them together, it makes the perfect decoration to embellish my purse. The center of the flower is a circle cut using my Owl Punch and some of that fabulous Silver Glimmer Paper.

I also added some pen stitching with my Island Indigo marker to add a little whimsy to my project!

Are you ready to play with this new color combo? I hope so!!!!! If you make something, I hope you'll share it with us here at the Stamping 411. I've included a Linky Tool at the bottom of this post so you can do just that! Just copy your project's web address into the tool, and it will create thumbnail picture of your project. Easy peasy!!!




Project Recipe

paper: Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
accessories: Purse Bigz L die, Island Indigo Marker, Owl punch, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, Silver Glimmer Paper, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment