Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thrifty 3D Wednesday – Bitty Shopping Bag

I saw a little Bitty Shopping bag on a blog somewhere a while back, but it didn’t have any directions other than it was made with the Bitty Box XL Die. Well, I’m always looking for new ways to use my XL Dies…and using the Bitty Box again for Thrifty 3D Wednesday was just too good to pass up! It is a quick and easy project that would be DARLING at a shower or ladies luncheon to sit at their place setting!

Isn’t it SOOOOO cute? It really is tiny…I have a Ghirardelli Chocolate inside, and it could probably hold two of them easily with the tissue paper like I have it displayed. So…I thought you’d like to know how to make one for yourself!

Supplies:

Stamps: Touch of Kindness, Tiny Tags

Inks: Basic Black, Melon Mambo

Cardstock: Textured Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Melon Mambo

Accessories: Bitty Box XL Die, Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Piercing Tool, White Bakers Twine, Sticky Strip

Non SU: Colored Tissue Paper, Chocolate

***********************************

Step 1

Cut Textured Pumpkin Pie cardstock with Bitty Box Die.

Step 2

Cut off tabs on both ends.

Step 3

Add Sticky Strip to both side tabs.

Step 4

Fold short tabs inside, then long sides fold in and box “lid” forms the other side of the bag.

Step 5

Pierce holes in each side large enough for Bakers Twine to make shopping bag handles. Tip: This is how I make sure both sides are even…I pierce thru both sides at the same time.

Step 6

Feed Bakers Twine thru holes and tie knots inside. Each side has a loop handle.

Step 7

Decorate as desired. I used the stamp set Touch of Kindness and stamped the scallop circle in Melon Mambo Classic Ink, punched with the Scallop Circle. I stamped the greeting with Basic Black on Melon Mambo, then punched with the 1 1/4 Circle Punch. I placed it on top of the scallop circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I stamped Thanks so much from Tiny Tags in Basic Black on Whisper White, then punched with the Jewelry Tag and tucked it between the scallop circle and the front circle. I wrapped the Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon around and tied a bow in the front.

I stuffed the shopping bag with Bright Pink Tissue paper. Inside is a Ghirardelli Chocolate…it would easily hold 2!

Hope you enjoy this little Thrifty 3D Wednesday project! Leave me a comment, I love to hear when you make one yourself! It really is an easy M&T!

sum11siggyconnie

4 comments:

  1. Too adorable! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! They'd make great little party favors! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think I bought that die even! I need to experiment - I think I have some of my coworkers who would welcome a little piece of chocolate hanging from their time cards! I am sure I would find at least one bag back on my desk asking to refill it! Thanks for the instructions! The coordinating tissue paper is just the right touch!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete