Thursday, July 1, 2010

Color Inspiration #130



Can you believe we are on our 30th week of color challenges? Wow! Time sure flies when you're having fun!

My inspiration for this week's challenge actually came from a retired DSP pack. It's called Cutie Pie. Does anyone remember that one?

Well, the colors in this fun paper is Rose Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. What fun colors!!!!



I decided to make a birthday card for my niece Emma. She will be four in August. She is just the cutest little thing!!!

Emma loves Build a Bears. So, there was no question what stamp set is going to be used for this year's card!

I stamped the girl bear on Whisper White cardstock and punched it with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I colored her in with my aquapainter and reinkers/markers. I used Crumb Cake ink and marker for the bear fur.

The bear sits upon some Certainly Celery cardstock that's been punched with the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch.

The balloon is stamped on a scrap of So Saffron cardstock, cut out and popped up on the card with a dimensional. I then used some Linen Thread for the balloon string. Lastly, I put on some Crystal Effects to make the balloon shiny.

I think Emma is going to love her card.....she adores bears and balloons!

How would you use these colors? Well, we'd love to see your project!!! Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to it so we can all take a peek, okay?

Until next time....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

Card Recipe

stamps: Beary Best Friends, Beary Best Wishes
paper: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Cutie Pie dsp (retired)
ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue
accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette), Whisper White Satin Ribbon, aquapainter

1 comment: